I’ve never come across a cheap yet high quality looking VisorPlus IP camera before and it prompted me to buy it right away at Kimstore (seeing it in their Facebook Ads). At first, I felt like it was an easy setup, but I was wrong…
I received the package 3 days later, and I was really excited to get it up and running. I read thru their manual and followed the instructions but nothing worked! Being a techy person, I contacted support (they said they were going to send video instructions) and searched online. I learned that this camera was rebranded several times thru different distributors (abroad) and that’s when I started to dig deeper.
MyCam Pro was their recommended app to setup but I always got the error of Camera not found! It felt like a dead end and a seems to be a defective unit. And this is how I was able to solve my problem. I hope people who bought the same (or rebranded) camera could benefit from this:
If you want to setup VisorPlus IP Camera via mobile:
- Download P2P IPCamera App on Google Play Store and on the App Store.
- Connect to the WiFi signal of your IP Camera
- Tap Add Camera (Bottom right of the screen)
- Tap the refresh (Top right of the screen)
- Add the camera
- To manage the settings of your camera, simply click on the right arrow on the Camera tab and then Advanced Setting.
To access VisorPlus IP Camera via PC or Mac:
- Connect to the WiFi signal of your VisorPlus IP Camera
- Open a browser
- Go to 192.168.243.1
- Login using the username: admin and password: admin.
- There it is much easier to setup and connect to your WiFi.
Honestly speaking, this camera is truly a value for money device based on the features and specifications it got. I bought several IP Cameras before and the feature set of this camera is really great with the price. I was also able to combine it with my different cameras using ONVIF which I use to view from my network, mobile and other devices.