To most of the Small companies / businesses, websites and web hosting is an added expense that they want to save on. And as their websites only require a small space without any interaction, they only need a small web hosting. However, the problem is their emails, which have a very small space and gets filled up very fast. So for companies or individuals who want to use their own email address domain name, hereâ€™s how you can make the most of it…
… Normally companies or individuals who have no clue about websites outsource the development to web developing companies or freelancers. What I noticed is that it usually comes with a package that already includes the web hosting and domain name. And because their website is usually static, it only needs a small web hosting space. So the email space becomes very limited and emails sent to them bounces.
My solution is not straight forward as Iâ€™m proposing in linking it to a third party providers like gmail. Hereâ€™s how:
- Sign up for a Gmail account
- Click on settings (top right of the screen)
- Click on Accounts & Imports (2nd tab)
- On the â€˜Send Email Asâ€™, click ‘Send mail with Another Address‘
- Choose ‘Send through Gmail‘, and ‘send verification’.
- Save and confirm the email of Gmail to your email and click the confirmation link
- Your accounts are now linked, you can then store all the emails in the Gmail account
The advantage of doing is that your email becomes limited to Googleâ€™s limitations (which is around 7 GB which is too big for you to fill up). You can send (â€˜Send asâ€™ feature) or access all your emails in your Gmail account and donâ€™t really need to login to your old account. So if youâ€™re really cutting back on expenses I recommend doing this to maximize your limited email account.