I bought my iPhone a little over a year ago and it has been pretty problem-less to me. However, as iPhone iOS 5 came out, I was so excited that I updated mine straight away. It seemed normal for the first few hours of use but when I got to a no signal area, my iPhone never recovered signal unless I power it off and then on. Here’s how to fix no service problem of iPhone iOS 5:
How to fix no service problem of iPhone iOS 5
- Get a Case – it might just be a case of the Death Grip problem of iPhone, so buy yourself one.
- Reset Network Settings – Just go to Settings>General>Reset and then chose Reset Network Settings. **Note: if you do this, all the passwords of the wifi you have input will be gone.
- Turn on 3G and Cellular Data – Go to Settings>General>Network and then turn on 3G and Cellular Data. **Note: The disadvantage of doing this is that you might be charged for data usage and less battery life, be aware.
- Reset All Settings – Just go to Settings>General>Reset and then choose Reset All Settings. **Note: All your settings will be reset to default, I don’t recommend doing this and do this as the LAST RESORT. Also, some have reported to have the same problem after this, your iPhone might need to be downgraded or replaced.
- Downgrade your iPhone – I haven’t experienced or researched much about this but if your iPhone was working before upgrading to iOS5 then this might be the solution you could do.
I found that solution 3 helped me fix no service problem of iPhone iOS 5, I recently upgraded to the unlimited surfing (Unlisurf from Globe) and haven’t encountered the problem ever since. So do check it out if it works out for you.